Monday, May 08, 2006

These squirrels are no longer cute or funny!

This weekend we went to Dallas to my niece's dance recital (absolutely hilarious and adorable - she's 4) and then to a funeral on Saturday. We came home on Sunday to some cookies that were on the kitchen table all chewed up and squirrel droppings all over our kitchen table!!! They could have at least not pooped there! Major gross!

This morning, I took the boys to school and went to the other house to mow (that I should be cleaning instead of sitting here at the computer). When I came home, it was kinda stuffy in here, so I turned off the air and went to open a couple of windows. I had to move a laundry basket to get to one of the windows and TWO of the little rodents ran out from behind the basket!!! They high-tailed it through the kitchen, into the living room and under one of the kids' desks in the school area. I opened up the front and back doors and shooed them out from behind the desk. We made about 6 trips around from the living room, dining room, kitchen and school room before I think they ran out the back door. If they didn't, they got brave because they aren't being shooed so easily anymore. All this time, my fearless guard cats laid on the couch and managed to raise their heads up to see what all the ruckus was about. Gees, talk about fat, lazy cats!
(Comment on this)
Friday, May 5th, 2006

No comments: