Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Psalm 127

Psa 127:1
A song of ascents. Of Solomon. Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain.

Wow. This is really striking a chord in me today. I don't even know what to say about it other than that. It really is making sense. If we don't let the Lord build our house, what sense is there in it? Just like where you store your treasures. What good are earthly treasures? I can see how material things are a blessing in the material realm, but in reality, it's the material things that really come between me and God, so am I really blessed? If this life is like a fleeting mist, why would I really care about things to have and own? The moths will destroy it anyway.


Psa 127:2
In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat-- for he grants sleep to those he loves.

I'm not done thinking on this one yet.

Psa 127:3
Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him.

Of course this is beautiful. Especially just coming off of the high from being there for Miss Taylor Grace's entry into this life. Children are a reward. I may have to memorize this one so that I can tell myself that when I'm ticked and they don't seem like much of a reward. haha!


Psa 127:4
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth.

Still chewing on that one too.

Psa 127:5
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

What stands out to me in this one is that the Lord is saying "when", not "if" they contend with their enemies.


No comments: