Friday, May 15, 2009

200 Posts. Is that important?

I don't guess it really matters.

There are certain times with my kids when I think, "There is no way I could ever forget this moment." Sometimes I don't, but more often than not, I remember thinking that thought, but can't remember what I was thinking about at the time. I had one of those moments the other day that I really don't want to forget. It was just a little thing, but one that warmed my heart.

I was sitting on the love seat. Jake was lying on the big couch and Josh was curled up next to me with his head lying on my leg. I had a full view of both boys' heads. We were watching The Lion King - Joshua's first time to see it and he was into it.

Anybody who knows my boys knows that they both twirl their hair. It's sweet to me that they both do it and each has since they had hair. I used to get on to Jake about it because he looks kinda' silly standing there with his hand in his hair when you're talking to him, but I gave up trying to get him to stop. Joshua does the same thing. Exactly the same thing, which I didn't realize how exactly until the other day.

I sat there watching The Lion King, a movie that used to be Jacob's favorite with both of them lying there twirling their hair. I've never really looked at exactly how they twirl it until then. Each of them moves their fingers in the exact same way.

It may seem silly, but it was so precious to me. Man I love these kids.

1 comment:

Dena said...

That is so sweet!! I wonder if Taylor will twirl her hair - she's always movin her hand around her head like they do...