I read this today in http://thelukesponbergfoundation.blogspot.com/'s blog. Again I'll just say wow. I'm going to read some later on and see what questions I can find that I should be asking myself as my husband's wife. I've read the passage in Ephesians that this comes from, just can't do it all right now.
--7 great questions for every husband to ask himself...
(1) Am I submitting to my wife out of reverence for Christ? (Eph. 5:21)
(2) Am I laying down my life for my bride as Christ did for His? (Eph. 5:25)
(3) Am I consistently sharing the Word with my wife? (Eph. 5:26)
(4) Am I looking out for my wife's needs and concerns like I tend to look out for my own? (Eph. 5:28)
(5) Am I united with my wife? (Eph. 5:31)
(6) Am I considerate and understanding with my wife? (1 Peter 3:7)
(7) Do I treat my wife with the respect she deserves as my partner and heir of the gift of life? (1 Peter 3:7)
A tall order. I wish I could say I have these things down. I wish I could say it all comes easy. But I can't.Asking myself is one thing. Asking a friend for their observations would be another. Asking my wife would be to take this extremely seriously.