Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday

I've never, ever been a big shopper. I like to be able to go when I have some money to spend, or when the mood hits me to just look around, but it's not very often that I really want to. This year, however, I discovered that I LOVE the hunt on Black Friday. Julie called me Thursday afternoon with the information that Grapevine Mills Mall was starting Black Friday with a Midnight Madness sale. And it was midnight madness! It was almost like there was a full moon.

We started at Grapevine Mills at midnight, got to Toys R Us at 4am, headed to Target after that, then to Gamestop, JCPenney's, Walmart, Kohl's and ended with Mardel's. We got home at lunchtime. I wish I had taken my camera - I've never seen anything like that.

I got just about everything that we need for the kids - all of them doorbusters! I do believe, however, that we'll have a survival kit for next year. Inside it will be:

water bottles
Monsters
toothbrush/toothpaste
gum
hand lotion
a holder of some sort for cell phones - Julie lost her phone

I, at least, will be showering for the night before we leave and putting my hair in a pony tail or hat or both. I have never felt as crusty as I did when we got home with my 2-day makeup and unwashed hair.

We saw a group of three women who had matching shirts on that said "Black Friday Divas" on it. At first I thought it was silly, but now, I don't know.

Also, my Aunt Janet had sent her Christmas presents to us a bit early and said to get them at Thanksgiving because we would "need" them. They are car costumes! I have reindeer antlers and a red nose on my van. I had second thoughts about it after I realized what people were staring/waving at, but all second thoughts vanished when I was one of the very few people who could spot my vehicle across the crowded Black Friday parking lot at any store!

I had a blast and hope to do it again with Julie next year. Oh, and if I had bought everything I bought at full price, I would have paid $360.00 more than I did. I was really excited about that!

No comments: