Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Yesterday

We had no school for the Easter holiday. I worked 9-3:30 and David worked 4:30-10 or something like that. Anyway, in between we had to shuffle Josh. David just came up to Albertson's and we did the switch-off there. Which worked out well because I ended up getting off a bit late, so it would have thrown the whole hour window thingy way off.

Josh and I went to Wendy's and got a Frosty on the way home. After that, we stopped at the post office. While sitting at a red light, there was an suv next to me with two young guys in it. They were laughing, music blaring and shouting something at me. I had glanced over at them for just a second before they started yelling at me. I have no idea what they were saying, but I know it wasn't nice.

I simply sat facing forward and began to pray in the Spirit. After a few minutes of this (longest light in the world), Joshua asked me if I would just roll his window down because they were talking to us. I told him that it wouldn't roll down, so he said ok. Pretty soon, I hear this sweet little voice singing "Jesus Loves Me" kinda' loudly. It was sooo cute! He was making up verses and singing "God makes me so happy..." Oh, my goodness, how I love this kid!

I do not have any idea what makes some people act like those guys did in that suv, but I'm so very thankful that my sweet baby boy has no clue that people in the world are ugly like that. He just thought they were trying to tell us something. And then to just sing like that. So free! It's amazing to listen to him and how he is. He is so secure with where he stands and just simply believes what he's told. Childlike faith is amazing to see in action - especially when it's someone as precious as Josh. I know that's how our Father looks at us. He wants us to simply believe in Him like Josh believes in the world he lives in that revolves around God and his Mama and Daddy. It's just amazing to think about.

I wanna be more like Josh.

No comments: