Thursday, January 29, 2009

Generational Curses

Wow. What a blog title. This may or may not make a lot of sense...

I've been reading my favorite prophecy website again. God just showed me something.

Ex 20:5 You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me,

6 BUT SHOWING STEADFAST LOVE TO THOUSANDS OF THOSE WHO LOVE ME AND KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.

I've read this many, many times and never seen the part, "of those who hate me"!

I was taught over time that we are a blessing or a curse to our children. Ok. I can totally see it, but now I see it differently. When we are born again - TRULY born again, Jesus broke ALL curses on us! That's something to get excited about. I don't have to walk in the thought that I am breaking a "curse" from my forefathers. I don't have to do anything except walk in that divine freedom.

Don't get me wrong, I never sat around thinking about my "curses", just had always accepted that my "bad" things would be "curses" to my kids. I never really, really gave it too much thought.

Wow, what unexpected, beautiful freedom!

Thank you, Lord!

No comments: