Thursday, August 05, 2010

Kinda a rough spot...

We've been learning so much about walking in the Lord's blessing. I haven't blogged much about it, but right now is an amazing journey for us. We are just coming off of Jubilee time with our church where we've learned and grown so very much. We have not understood the "walking in His blessing" principle, so have found ourselves in a place where we seriously need a miracle. Our mortgage is due. David's child support is due. We are negative in the bank account. Tomorrow he gets paid, but it won't be enough even to cover both. And all the other bills are coming up too. The air conditioner is out on the car, and this is the hottest week of the year so far. David's work changed their dress code and he only has like 3 shirts he can even wear. AHHHHHHH!!!! I'm really trying. I'm really trying not to stress about it. I'm doing well with it most of the time. I've felt to this point, though, like I've been carrying this by myself. David's head's been in a cloud for weeks about everything. We're moving forward to go to Bible school. I want that so very much and know that it's been promised to us. We don't even have the gas for me to drive down there today to do our tour and turn in our applications. He's not happy about that.

On a different page altogether...Jacob's quitting football. And he's so very good at it. He had a hard time with the decision. I don't fault him at all because it's a controversial subject at our house anyway. His back is not in great shape. He's hurt it yet again and doesn't want to go through life that way. I have no problem with that. I don't want him to go through life that way either. He was worried about being an outcast. And made comments about kids getting bolts in their knees just so they could play. Oh, my sweet son, I do know where you're at. I was raised in a small town where football was the religion, not just a sport. And I wasn't a 6'3, 235 lb boy in the 9th grade. I can imagine the magnification of the "outcast" status for him. I've told him I'll take him to the doctor so he can have a medical reason and not just the personal preference. Now I need to decide which doctor would agree with me...

I know there's changes on our horizon. I know this because God promises us we can walk in His blessing if we simply cooperate with it. We are learning how to cooperate. It's not easy, but we'll get there. I fully intend to keep my hand to a plow, not look back and we will see those changes. The seeds been planted, it's sprouted and growing. We're watering them. It's just a matter of time and staying the course before we see the fruits of it all. Did I mention David has to have his knee scoped out on Monday? Fun times...

No comments: