Tuesday, April 01, 2008

What to do? What to do?

I don't know....

David and I have been looking into a school for the boys. The school is a local charter school. There are only a little under 200 kids. It started as a Christian private school and they went public when they applied for the charter. I went tonight for their open house and open enrollment time. I am fascinated with the school and think it's a really neat place. I spoke to the woman who runs it and she said that most kids graduate early from high school with them. I met the 7th and 8th grade teachers. I've been praying all day and have been comfortable and happy with it all to this point. All of a sudden I was hit with a heart-wrenching "I don't want my boys to be gone during the day" feeling. I don't know. Jacob going to school never really bothered me before. It was just something that happened. I know I also really don't like changes and that's a big one. I don't feel like a failure when it comes to homeschooling, but I don't want to look like I gave up either. I know I haven't and I'll continue praying about it.

Oh, Julie went by to look into it for Trace also, and really, really loved it. She was even told she should put in her application to teach there! I'm so excited for her in her new future. One day maybe I'll post on just her and our history together. She's pretty special.

No comments: