Friday, March 07, 2008

Wow!


We had another REALLY good night last night and are working on another one tonight! Last night, he didn't go down until late, but not because we didn't try. I did his routine on time and got him his bottle, but after he was done with it, he had no sleepy bone in his body, so he got back up. I am not going to fight him too hard and make it miserable for both of us. He went down at almost 10 and slept until 5-ish. I went in at that time and just laid down beside the crib and talked to him. He fussed at me some, but after about 45 minutes, just went back to sleep! He slept until after 7.


Today for nap, I rocked him to sleep and then put him down. I tried to lay him down awake and see if he would go down on his own. He started to, but would touch his gums/mouth and cry. I can feel about 5 teeth about to pop through, so we got up and got some ibuprofin and the rocking chair. He went out and stayed out for 2 1/2 hours. He's becoming such a great sleeper! I never, ever thought I would say that about Joshua!


Tonight, we did our normal routine and he went right down. He's still down and I haven't heard a peep out of him. Yay! I am so thankful to God for this. It's so wonderful to be able to relax about sleeping. I know we'll have bumps in the road, but that's ok - I can handle bumps when I've had my own rest. It's when we're both running on E that I can't handle it.


I've posted alot lately about Josh, but not too much about the other kids. Jacob is with his dad for the night camping. I couldn't believe how excited he was. I guess, really, I can. He was busting at the seams. Cody and I went to the gym and out to eat. I always enjoy either one of the boys better when we're alone. Maybe because it's a novelty, I dunno. He was sweet and chit-chatty.


Oh, and it snowed some more! Lots more! It started yesterday around noon and didn't quit or even let up for hours and hours. It was still snowing close to bedtime last night, though not as hard as it was for most of the day. It was so pretty. I love the snow and we hardly ever get any.


No comments: