Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Good news!

I have been trying to find a way to get myself enrolled in school this Fall. I missed the deadline for financial aid and there is absolutely no way we can pay for it ourselves. I got all my stuff turned in anyway, and am approved for a grant and a loan, but it wouldn't be here in time. I was talking to my Dad about it all and he remembered he has an account that was set up for me when I was really young that he's been putting $10/month in forever. He's only gotten money out a few times for big purchases for me, and otherwise it's been left alone. He said he'd be happy for me to use that for school. He had no idea, however, how much money was in there. He said for some strange reason, he hasn't seen a statement on it in years. Anyway, I called the bank and there is plenty for me to get going with - maybe even for three semesters! For sure, for three semesters if I keep getting partial grants. It would totally rock if I could get through school without any loans. Can we say God's provision?

In other news, I have a whole bunch of kids lately. Our friends' girls are here to visit Emily (per her request earlier, and they're just sweet kids). Karleigh has a few more days here. Chandler is off and on for the rest of Summer. Trace is here pretty-much every day. Jacob and Cody will be back from camp on Friday. Joshua of course, is here. Some would call me crazy....I don't think so. There's not a bad one in the bunch.

I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

Homegrown Tribe said...

So glad you stopped by my blog and said Hi! Sorry it's taken me so long to say Hi back. :)

your kiddos are adorable!

have a great day

brittany

Anonymous said...

Katie, I tagged you for a little game. :)
http://dancingamonginfiniteloveyahwehs.blogspot.com/2008/07/my-favorite-five.html