Sunday, July 13, 2008

I don't really have much to say, but I feel like blogging and it's my blog, so I can.

Emily and I just put a cake in the oven. I love how "homemakerish" she is. I don't know any other word for it except maybe "girly". She loves to bake, cook, do laundry (or so she says and for now), play baby, take care of Josh, take care of whoever else will let her (except Karleigh), etc. She's really a neat kid.

All my kids are neat. Cody is very spontaneous and just loves to have fun. Jacob loves fun, too, but isn't nearly as spontaneous - he's a little more reserved, kinda' the huntin', fishin', workin' in the shop type. Joshua is all about Mama (and Blue's Clues, oh, and Thomas) and I love, love, love it. I know he won't always be that way. Karleigh (I'll count her as mine) has so much spunk and so many leadership qualities that it's mind-boggling. Emily's just precious. Each one has an firm grasp and understanding of who Christ is and what he did for them (save, of course, Josh). Each one is at a different place in their spiritual walk and it's quite an honor to be a parent (or aunt) to them.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a sort of tribute to my kids, but that's ok.

This weekend has been nice. Yesterday, we went up to Sherman for Kerstyn's 3rd birthday party. She had it at a bounce land in the mall there and it was sooo much fun for the girls and Josh. He had never been in a bounce house before and it's safe to say, I see a few in our future. He was so excited he was squeeling and shaking. I thought something was wrong with him at first because he's never responded quite like that to anything before. I really would have loved for David to be there. I'll post some pictures in my next post.

No comments: