Sunday, January 13, 2008

I'm so ready for Josh to feel 100 per cent. He's too sweet to be this grumpy!

The boys went to spend the night with Mom and Dad last night and David went to work, so Josh and I had the night to ourselves. Even with his grumpiness, I enjoyed him. He woke up around 3 and stayed up until close to 6. At one point, he climbed down from my lap, took about 4 steps away from me and toward the tv, then collapsed on the floor and fell asleep. Too funny, but as soon as he heard me get up, he popped back up to play some more. I might have just gotten next to him on the floor and slept there to keep him asleep - I was ready to crash.

This morning, we missed church, but went to meet Mom and Dad at Gattitown. I got there early, so Josh and I went to Half Priced Books (That is probably the store I'm most happy with having again since we moved). Anyway, there was a lady in there looking at the Prophecy books. She made some comment to the effect of "how does she choose what to look at?" We struck up a conversation. We agreed that it is amazing how close to the end of everything we are and there is absolutely NOBODY paying attention. Well, not really anybody in the Christian community. That's SCARY. I gave her fulfilledprophecy's website address and she said she was definitely gonna' go read some as soon as she got home.

I had just been praying on the way about how to give my kids completely to God. I struggle with this sometimes - I mean, it's easy to say I give them to Him while life is easy, but what if in reality I were forced to choose between Christ and my kids - like having to watch them hurt or denying Him. I know the pat answer of He gives you what you need when you need it, but I think that's something similar to saying "I don't understand all that prophecy stuff, so I'll just stay ready for anything". That's completely unprepared and we are instructed to be prepared. So, how do I practice giving them to God on a daily basis? I don't know. That's a tough one.

As I read back over this, I realize that there really is a daily choice of choosing Christ over my kids. I don't know if that makes sense, but it's starting to make some to me.....

No comments: